Monday 9 February 2015

First attempts (McLaren M23 1976)

I became interested in Papercraft modelling two years ago when i came across a site by chance called metmania which has lots of Formula 1 papercraft templates to download for free.
The good thing about papercraft is its not too expensive to get started. All that's really needed is card, a printer to print the templates, scissors, a knife and some glue. 
I already had everything I needed in the house so I gave it a go. 
Firstly i downloaded James Hunts 1976 McLaren M23 to give it a try, to see if i would enjoy it and also have the patience to do it.
I was hooked and once i finished moved straight onto a Williams FW11B (1987). Once the Williams was completed i took on my toughest yet, the McLaren MP4/8 (1993) which had far more detail in the engine and included a model of Ayrton Senna.

McLaren M23 1976 James Hunt

I chose the M23 as my first model as it seemed a good entry level model to start off with (Also it's one of my most favourite F1 cars).  It didn't turn out too difficult, with no real problems to speak of and took about a couple of weeks to finish with an hour or two most days. 
Although it's not exactly to scale and seems a bit squashed compared to the real M23 I'm pleased with how it looks, not bad for a first attempt. 






3 comments:

  1. how long it took you to build that model? was it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added a bit about difficulty and how long it took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you are even still active, do you have instructions

    ReplyDelete